In Case of Non-Emergency
The Police Foundation would like to remind you that you have options if you feel the need to report an incident, but don’t feel that it’s a true emergency.
San Diego Police Department’s non-emergency number is (619) 531-2000.
You can also report crimes anonymously to Crimestoppers. If you have information about a crime, follow these steps:
Do you have information about a crime?
In the case of emergency, please call 9-1-1
Tips submitted through this website are encrypted, entirely confidential, completely anonymous and are immediately processed by San Diego County Crime Stoppers.
Call in Anonymous Tips
1. Call 1-888-580-8477
2. Remove the call from your call log
Anonymously Text Crime Tips
To send a text tip to Crime Stoppers follow these steps:
1. Text to 274637
2. Type “SDTips” at the beginning of your text message
3. Type your message including as much detail as possible including name, address, vehicle, and a clear description of the crime to ensure the tip can be effectively investigated
4. You will receive a text with a Crime Stoppers code– keep this code, it will identify you when you pick up your reward.
To find out about the status of your tip, call our tipline in about a month to find out if you are eligible for a reward with your code number.
5. Delete your message from your outbox