The Administrative Coordinator will be an integral member of the Foundation team, serving as the first point-of-contact and a critical link between foundation staff and the public we serve. We’re seeking a positive, proactive, and highly organized team member to support daily business operations and contribute to the successful delivery of events and programs. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about nonprofits while serving as an essential member of a small but mighty nonprofit team.
The San Diego Police Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides the San Diego Police Department (SDPD) with resources, training, and equipment needed to enhance the work of law enforcement. The Foundation is proud to:
• Fund critical needs and shortages that shrinking budgets no longer cover.
• Advocate for better safety measures and practices in our communities.
• Highlight ascendant best practices in law enforcement including diversity initiatives.
• Strengthen the mutually beneficial relationship between SDPD and the public it serves.
We are at an exciting stage in our organizational growth. Exceptional leadership and support from partners and the public have enabled the Foundation to emerge from the Covid pandemic with a collaborative and committed team, an exciting slate of programs and events, and the potential for meaningful growth.
Reporting to the Director of Business Administration, the Administrative Coordinator will focus her/his time as follows:
Reception & Front-Office Management (30% of time)
• Serve as the Foundation’s first point-of-contact in the front office, on the phone and by email
• Serve as the Foundation’s go-to resource for help with office equipment, connecting with service providers (IT, phones, etc.), resolving facilities issues with building management, reserving parking for guests in our gated parking lot, etc.
• Work with service providers to maintain, and eventually improve, our multi-line phone system
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and deliveries.
• Copy, scan, file (electronic and hard copy) and shred documents.
• Maintain inventory of supplies, order supplies, and manage storage room.
• Deliver and pick up items as needed (includes reimbursement for fuel).
• Maintain working knowledge of current and upcoming programs and events.
Recordkeeping & Light Accounting (30% of time)
• Record all revenue received including checks, credit card payments, etc.
• Accounts Payable: Process invoices and prepare them for payment.
• Accounts Receivable: Generate, record and track invoices issued by the Foundation.
• Help maintain records of donors, members, corporate partners, etc. in Donor Perfect.
• Generate simple reports in Donor Perfect and Classy and export files as .CSV.
• Compile weekly deposit reports in Excel.
• Maintain records of keys and key fobs issued, parking space assignments, etc.
Donor Stewardship & General Support (30% of time)
• Perform a wide variety of administrative duties to support fundraising, donor stewardship, membership renewal and relationships with corporate partners.
• Use Mail Merge to create thank you letters, labels, name badges, etc.
• Secure signatures on thanks you letters, scan and mail letters, and file electronic copies.
• With other team members, regularly review email marketing drafts for clarity, spelling and grammar.
• Assist with board and committee meetings, as needed.
• Assist with programs, marketing and special projects, as needed.
• Provide support for the planning and execution of 2-3 major special events per year.
Managing the President/CEO’s Calendar (10% +)
This Administrative Coordinator position offers potential to assume Executive Assistant responsibilities, including:
• Oversee the calendaring of internal and outside appointments.
• Confirm appointments and provide information regarding parking and directions.
• Prepare President/CEO’s monthly reimbursement requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BRING:
Excitement about the organization’s mission; ability to communicate the mission and values to external and internal audiences
Impeccable writing, editing and general communication skills
Experience working with Donor Perfect or similar CRM
Experience with email marketing using Emma, Constant Contact or similar software
Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe Acrobat
Experience using web-based marketing and event-management software. We use Classy, Emma and Greater Giving
Familiarity with multi-line phone systems such as ESI
Valid driver’s license, insurance and daily access to a vehicle
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE
Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task successfully
Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
Ability to interface with co-workers, donors and partners with a high degree of professionalism
Ability to recognize and handle confidential information with discretion
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Strong capability in Excel
Capable of lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
High School Degree required; additional education is a plus
The Foundation is a drug-free environment. A final offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing a drug test and background check
WHAT WE OFFER
The San Diego Police Foundation offers a great work environment including an enviable location and supportive work culture that values teamwork and collaboration. Located in Little Italy within walking distance to San Diego Bay, the Foundation’s spacious offices are situated in a secure building that boasts ample natural light.
Our pay and benefits package are competitive and include:
11 paid holidays plus one floating paid holiday
85% of health insurance paid by employer, plus free dental and vision (after 3 months employment)
Safe Harbor 401k plan with 3% match (after 6 months employment)
Free parking for employees in a gated lot adjacent to the office
Compensation for this position ranges from $24 – $25/hour (40 hours per week)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For the safety of employees, we maintain strict compliance with all applicable public health orders.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should email a resume and brief cover letter that explains why you are a great fit for this role to email@example.com. Please include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line. Due to the volume of responses, phone inquiries will not be accepted.